EVENT: Knott's Berry Farm Music in the Parks
DATE: Saturday, May 16, 2020
CHOIRS: Costa Chorale, Mustang Chorale, & Vocal Ensemble Men
This event takes place in 2 locations over the course of the day:
1st Location: choir adjudicated festival performances in the morning @ Placentia Presbyterian Church, 845 Bradford Ave., Placentia, CA
2nd Location: free time at Knott's Berry Farm, 8039 Beach Blvd., Buena Park, CA
8:00 am - students, chaperones, and participating parents to arrive in the choir room, bus to arrive in upper Peck parking lot
8:15 am - bus to depart from school for Placentia Presbyterian Church
10:00 am - parents driving separately should plan to be at the church by this time
10:20 am - Costa choir warm-ups begin, followed by adjudicated performances
12:20 pm - parents need to be at the church at this time to pick up their student if the student will not be going to Knott's Berry Farm
Knott's Berry Farm Portion:
12:45 pm (approx.) - bus to depart from church to Knott's Berry Farm
1:15 pm (approx.) - begin afternoon/evening of free time in the park
10:00 pm - bus to depart from Knott's Berry Farm back to Mira Costa
11:00 pm - estimated arrival time back at school
- Parents are invited to attend.
- Singers should eat breakfast and be dressed in their concert attire before coming to school. They should bring with them a change of clothes.
- Following their performances at Placentia Presbyterian Church, the singers will change into their regular clothes and get back on the bus, which will then depart for Knott's Berry Farm.
- At the park, the singers will share lockers where they will put their concert attire, etc., and they will be in the park the rest of the day and evening.
- Everyone will meet at 10:00 pm for the bus ride back to campus.
- Expected arrival time back at Mira Costa is approximately 11:00 pm.
- Parent liaisons will provide water and snacks for the morning bus ride.
Attendees need to complete permission slips, return ticket order forms, and pay festival registration fees before the trip. Deadline for forms and payments: Monday, Mar. 16th.
Student cost is:
$87 (includes festival performance fee and 1-day Knott's Berry Farm ticket)
- or -
$53 (includes festival performance fee only) for students with their own Knott's Berry Farm passes or tickets, or who are not attending the Knott's Berry Farm portion of the day (participating in the festival performance only).
-In addition, students will need to bring money for their locker, lunch, dinner, and any snacks or souvenirs they might want to purchase in the park.
- Parents are invited to attend the festival performances at Placentia Presbyterian Church at no charge. Interested parents who would like to attend only the performances at the church should arrange their own transportation and plan to be at the church by 10:00 am.
- Parents who'd like to go to the church performances AND Knott's Berry Farm are welcome to come along and ride on the bus with the students, or they can arrange their own transportation separately.
Parent/Chaperone cost is:
$0 for parents who attend the festival performance at Placentia Presbyterian Church only (free of charge)
- or -
$0 for parents who attend the festival performance at Placentia Presbyterian Church (free of charge) AND have their own Knott's Berry Farm passes or tickets
- or -
Parents who attend the festival performance at Placentia Presbyterian church (fee of charge) and also need a ticket to go to Knott's Berry Farm should purchase their own tickets separately online in advance www.knotts.com/tickets-passes/knotts-daily-tickets
FORMS & PAYMENT: must be completed before the trip
1) Order Form - Click here to print the student ticket order form and turn it in to the choir drop box with your payment.
- Paying by cash or check: Attach payment to the ticket order form and turn in to the choir drop box. Checks should be made payable to "MBX Foundation" with the student’s name and “Music in the Parks” written on the memo line.
- Paying by credit card: Click here to pay online by credit card (additional online processing fees apply). Print and turn in your online payment receipt with the ticket order form.
Student tickets will be handed out by Mr. Hayden at Knott's Berry Farm upon arrival at the park.
Parents/Chaperones should bring their pre-purchased Knott's Berry Farm tickets with them to the park.
2) Permission Form - Click here to fill out the online permission form for your student to attend.
3) Chaperone Form - If you're chaperoning, click here to fill out the online chaperone form.
Deadline for forms and payments: Monday, March 16th
Questions? Please contact Michael Hayden .