Mira Costa Choirs Donation
Please help support the Mira Costa Choirs! It’s Not Too Late to Donate. We are still accepting donations for the 2018-2019 school year!!
The Costa choirs are award winning and highly regarded within both the academic and professional communities. Did you know...
- Mira Costa Choir students are accepted into the most prestigious universities in the country.
- In 2015, we were one of only three high school choirs selected to perform at the American Choral Directors Association National Convention in Salt Lake City, Utah. In 2012, we were one of three high school choirs selected to perform at the ADCA Regional Conference in Reno, Nevada. And this year, Choral Union has been selected to perform at the California Choir Directors conference in San Jose.
- Costa Chorale has won Best Women’s and Best Overall choir at Disneyland’s Music in the Parks Festival the past three years, and Mustang Chorale won Best Men’s and Best Overall the past two years.
- We have students selected to participate in Southern California Vocal Assoc. Honor Choirs every year.
- We were one of only 3 GRAMMY® Award Winning Signature Gold Schools in the country in 2014.
- We were the 1st high school to participate with Vox Femina, LA's premiere community Women's Choir.
- Mr. Hayden was named a California Teacher of the Year in 2014, and McCormick was named a Sandacre Teacher of the Year in 2014, and he was a 2017 GRAMMY® music educator award quarter-finalist.
As you might imagine, a lot of time, work and resources go into making choir one of the most positive and enriching experiences available at Mira Costa High School, and we need your help. Without parent contributions, many of the activities that make up your student’s choir experience would be cut from the program.
The biggest source of the money we raise is donations, almost all from choir families. To run our GRAMMY® award winning music program, we are asking for a tax-deductible Fair Share contribution of $300 for each student participating in choir during the 2018-2019 school year.
Click here for the choir Fair Share donation form. Checks should be made out to MBX (and list “Choir Donation” on the memo line) and can be dropped in the choir room drop box or mailed to: Michele Gentille, Treasurer, MCHS Choir Boosters, 1832 11th St., MB, CA 90266. Or go to the choir website www.miracostachoirs.org and click on the Donate Online tab.
Every parent's contribution, big or small, helps make Mira Costa Choirs one of the top programs in the state, with the individual focus that allows each of our children to grow and thrive.
Thank you for your support.
Sene Gray, President
MCHS Choir Boosters